Thursday, May 7, 2020

Wrapping up the Semester

As Elrond, I am really supposed to be "all knowing" when it comes to things in the LOTR. The truth is, I really am the exact opposite of my pseudonym. This class taught me the rich, deep, and love Tolkien put into his readings, making sure things didn't really end even at the end of the novels. People (including his son) kept his stories alive, even after death, whether it be just keeping the books alive by making blogs, websites, and even games. This whole semester opened me up to a new respect and appreciation to a section of Fantasy that I never really took the time to look at. The Lord of the Rings really changed my mind on this style of fantasy, and now I actually understand the movies as I watch them. This was a big chunk of literature that I really am not used to reading throughout the semester, so I fell behind and skipped around a little bit. However, I really do plan on going back and reading both The Hobbit and LOTR once I am done getting the rest of my life together. This class was a pure joy, and really turned me into a Tolkien fan. I still have a lot of catching up to do, in regard to Character formation, but I finally understand the overall premise of Tolkien's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment