Hello ,
My name is Galadriel. I am a royal elf, born in Valindor. I am bearer of the of one of the 3 rings of power held be the elves, ring Nenya. I rule the woods of Lothlórien with my husband Celeborn.
I briefly hosted the fellowship of the ring during the war of the ring. During this time, I allowed Frodo and Sam to look into the mirror of Galadriel to see what could possibly become of their future. I also gave a magical phial to Frodo to allow him to pass through Shelob’s lair. I also helped get Gandalf rescued from Celebdil and brought him back to health. The power of my ring helped the elves during battle as well.
My name is Galadriel. I am a royal elf, born in Valindor. I am bearer of the of one of the 3 rings of power held be the elves, ring Nenya. I rule the woods of Lothlórien with my husband Celeborn.
I briefly hosted the fellowship of the ring during the war of the ring. During this time, I allowed Frodo and Sam to look into the mirror of Galadriel to see what could possibly become of their future. I also gave a magical phial to Frodo to allow him to pass through Shelob’s lair. I also helped get Gandalf rescued from Celebdil and brought him back to health. The power of my ring helped the elves during battle as well.
It's very interesting to learn about all our pseudonyms and their personality, dwelling, and history. Its amazing that a fantasy story such as Lord of the Rings can evoke such a sense of a living and breathing character. I almost feel as if I'm actually reading words written by Galadriel.
ReplyDeleteI think Galadriel is one of the most intriguing characters in the Lord of the Rings. She is a mysterious figure, and the reader knows that she is good and is of some high elven nobility. After reading the Fellowship again, I feel as though I understand Galadriel a lot better than what is portrayed of her in the film version. Galadriel tests the hearts of each member of the Fellowship but then is herself tested when Frodo offers her the Ring. I think this sequence is powerful as it shows that even that which is noble can be tempted but that good still can prevail over that which is so dangerously enticing.
ReplyDeleteLady Galadriel is one of the characters that I like the most from Lord of the Rings. She's a strong, powerful female. One of the very few, that I'm aware of, prominent female characters in the sea of male ones.
ReplyDeleteLady Galadriel and I share grandchildren, as one of my twins, Elrond, married her daughter, Celebrian.