Hello,
My name is Rosie Cotton, daughter of Tolman Cotton and Lily Brown. Like many hobbit women, I am named after a flower, as you can see in both my mother's name and the names of a few of my daughters: Rose-lass, Daisy, and Primrose. Speaking of children, I also have a record 13 of them, many of whom were named after the hobbit heros. I am actually married to one of those heros, Samwise.
We were married in the spring of the year 3020 of the third age. While I might be married to an adventurer, I myself am not one, having only had one trip to Gondor, which is quite enough for me!
I am sort of familar with my namesake. I knew beforehand that she was the eventual wife of Sam, but nothing else besides that. However, I like haveing a more minor character, because I feel like there is always something more to learn, especially when it comes to Tolkin's characters.
This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
No comments:
Post a Comment