Saturday, February 1, 2020

My name is Haleth

I am Haleth, son of Helm Hammerhand, and next in line to become King of the Mark. My father was the ninth King of Rohan. He was the one who attempted to withstand a great invasion of Dunlendings. His famous last stand was at a prolonged seige of Helms Deep (named in his likeness), where he defended the fortress during the long winter.

Unfortunately I was not able to take over the throne upon his death, as I was overtaken at Edoras and stood as one of the last defenders of the Golden Hall, Meduseld. My younger brother was also slain during the seige of Helm's Deep, with my father.  The throne instead went to my cousin Fréaláf Hildeson, who ruled for 39 years.



I couldn't find too much information about my character, but I will make sure to keep a more keen eye out as I continue the readings for this class. I'm sure I missed some references in the Lord of the Rings, and maybe there are some elsewhere as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment