Thursday, January 30, 2020

I Am Pippin

I am Pippin, or Peregrin Took, a simple hobbit from the Shire.  Frodo Baggins is my second cousin once removed, and Merry is my first cousin.  I first appear in the story in the Shire, where I help Frodo move out of the Shire, and end up heading out with him on his quest to Rivendell.  Upon reaching Rivendell  Elrond was convinced to allow Merry and myself to join Frodo, Sam, Aragorn and the others on their quest to destroy the One Ring.  Merry and I were separated from everyone at Amon Hen and taken by a troop of orcs towards Isengard.  I managed to free myself and help Merry get away during a skirmish, and we ended up helping rally the Ents to bring down Isengard.  I also traveled to Minas Tirith and fought in the Battle on the Pelennor Fields, and saw our eventual victory in the War of the Ring. 

Even though I went on all of these great adventures, what I really value is rest, good food and ale, and the company of my friends.  If I had known all the terrors that we would have to face on our journey, I don't think I would have had the courage to go.  I am known as one of the more foolish and lighthearted members of the Fellowship of the Ring, not letting serious situations weigh me down too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment