Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I am Aragorn

I am called Aragorn though I have a great many other names that have been given to me.  To some, I am Strider, the Ranger of the North, one of the Dunedain of the line of Numenor, while to my elven companions, I am called Elessar. I served as one of the nine companions known as the Fellowship of the Ring aiding the hobbit Frodo as he sought to destroy the One Ring in Mordor.

Yet, upon the breaking of the fellowship, I set out on my own adventure accompanied by my friends Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf to save the kingdoms of Rohan and Gondor from certain destruction.  I am a descendant of the kings of Gondor and wielding the reforged sword Anduril, the scourge of Sauron, I returned to Minas Tirith and took my place as king.  I am wed to Arwen Evenstar, daughter of Elrond, the lord of Rivendell where I grew up and was treated as a son.

Many of my companions, particularly the hobbits, would have described me as strange and mysterious when they first came across me at the Prancing Pony, but through the course of events leading to the dawn of the Fourth Age, I increasingly walked down the path that had been set before me and embraced the kingly destiny I had been born with.  With wise counsel and loyal friends, I am a friend to many who are fair and good but a dangerous foe to those who wished to bring Middle-Earth under a shroud of darkness.

So, my advice to all those who may read this is this: be slow to judge someone before you know them, for they may just surprise you.  After all, "All that is gold does not glitter."

1 comment:

  1. I like your little snippet of wisdom at the end here, "All that is gold does not glitter". I think that the takeaway you character got from experiencing the fellowship of the ring is precisely the lesson learned by the reader of the story as well. An important lesson whether you live in middle earth or in the human world!

    ReplyDelete