Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I am Celeborn

I am Lord of Lothlorien and husband to the Lady Galadriel. My daughter, Celebrian, married Elrond. I am a grandfather to their child, Arwen. I was around in Middle Earth since the First Age and sailed to Valinor early in the Fourth Age. My kinsman, Thingol was killed by dwarves in the First Age when he refused to give the Silmaril to them. I have had distrust towards dwarves from that moment.
I welcomed The Fellowship of the Ring into Lothlorien despite my mistrust of dwarves and pledged to help them in any way I could.

I don't know enough about Celeborn to have much of an opinion on him. Of what I've seen of him in The Lord of the Rings he seems very laid back, letting Galadriel take charge of major events.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you talked about his mistrust of dwarves. I did not know that about this character, at least, why he had that misstrust. Its really interesting to see how Tolkin comes up with the dynamics of all the races and how inter connected everything is.

    ReplyDelete