Hello, all!
I am Elendil, son of Amandil. Possibly the largest thing people know about me is that I served as the first High King of Gondor, helped lead the War of the Last Alliance, and I ultimately am offed by Sauron himself. Sauron had a vendetta against me due to my father. I am not from Middle Earth however despite my fighting in it - I am from Númenor, which is nestled between Middle Earth and Aman.
My main connection is to Sauron and the Elven High King Gil-galad in the war. For those who have seen the movies, I am portrayed by Peter McKenzie in Fellowship of the Ring.
I honestly am extremely happy about my name sake. Elendil has a fantastic legacy, and is such a strong character that I'm happy to be signing as him. He accomplished so much in his stories, was smart and diplomatic between kingdoms, and overall was incredibly brave and tenacious.
That's about me,
Elendil
This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
I like how you talked about this vendetta originating from your (his?) father. With so many beings in the LOTR world living so long, it is an interesting thing to think about how thoes dynamics would change compared to us.
ReplyDelete