Thursday, May 7, 2020

Who is Samwise?

I know that I put this out on the chat earlier today but I also wanted to post it here for anyone that wasn't able to make it to class today.

Samwise is Joshua Rodriguez.

It's been a pleasure learning about Tolkien with all of you and reading all of your marvelous blog posts. The biggest takeaways for me were learning just awesome Lord of the Rings is, how it's okay for adults to love fantasy literature, how invested Tolkien truly was in creating an immersive world, and the concept of the eucatastrophe and how it applies to all  of us today during these crazy times! Congrats to all of those graduating and have a great summer everyone!   

1 comment:

  1. It was an honor, Samwise. You brought a lot of good conversation and fun to the class. You had a pretty good idea what was going on, especially when you and I (Taylor) worked together. Adult fantasy really is its own type of genre, and is worth looking into more. This class really got me interested more in this type of writing, and I'm really excited to read these over again with all of the class discussions we have all had. Thanks for the Graduating wishes, I hope when it's your turn, times won't be as weird!

    Best,
    Elrond (Taylor Whitt)

    ReplyDelete