This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Friday, May 8, 2020
Comparing Elrond to the woman behind the pseudonym
As this semester comes to an end, I figured the only thing that seemed acceptable was to compare myself to my Character, Elrond. Although him and I have a lot of differences, we do have some strong similarities. He served in the Military and was a Captain, and I am also joining the Military, trying to make it my Career and protect my Country, like Elrond tried to do in the Second Age against Sauron. I would also say I have a lot of Leadership skills (aside from this class), because I really do take initiative more than not. He really cares for the people and is a healer, which I do help my friends a lot, and consider myself an empath. Elrond is a very strong character that has a small major part in the LOTR, and I feel like I was also somewhat if a pivotal part this semester, being the noob bringing new insight to all of my Tolkien loving classmates. It's been an honor, y'all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment