In our wrap up discussion today, we talked about things we’ve
learned this semester and things we’ll take away from this experience (this
class, this semester, this quarantine situation). I hope one thing that we’ve all
learned from this situation is to appreciate what we have, even though the
things we don’t have may seem looming and numerous at times. Like Thorin said “If
more of us valued food
and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” I
just want to celebrate all that we do have – and one of the biggest things we
have are the people in our lives, whether we live with them or can only see
them through technology! We can't change everything that's going on - “all we have to decide is what to do with the time
that is given to us,” and I’m so proud of all of you for what you’ve done this
semester even with all the additional stresses we didn’t plan on having. My
fingers are crossed that next semester you are all able to go back to campus
and see people in person, but no matter how things turn out or how long we need
to deal with Zoom meetings and six feet of distance, I know you will all find
ways to stay connected and go on to do wonderful things.
Thank you all for making this semester wonderful,
<3 Ashleigh
This is such a great post! This time has made me especially grateful of everything in my life. It's important that we do this as much as we possibly can. Thanks for such a great semester!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great piece of encouragement. This season has certainly shaken up many parts of life, but you're right, so much to be thankful for still remains. If that's not a recurring theme in Tolkien's works, I don't know what is!
ReplyDelete