This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Thoughts on the Blog and Pseudonyms
I think that the blog is a wonderful way for all of us to interact as students. Especially with the changes due to COVID-19, it was a good way for us to share our ideas and see what fellow students are thinking about. I think that the one post and one comment system worked well, since it helps us all interact with each others' posts. The posts made all of us reflect on what stood out to us during the week or what sparked a reaction to part of the story. Concerning pseudonyms, I think that they are a great idea. I think it makes everyone much more comfortable with sharing their own thoughts and critiquing others' posts. This class in particular may have not needed the pseudonyms since we all got along so well, but I think that we still heard ideas that we would not have heard otherwise. Overall the blog functions great and I would not add much. It would be nice to have a function of the blog that allows you to search by keyword, so that you don't have to remember to add labels or tags.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wholeheartedly agree. I found myself struck by ideas others presented here in the Blog that we didn't discuss in class and that would probably have never occurred to me if another hadn't presented it for my perusal. It was a great learning tool for the dissemination of additional ideas. I have very much enjoyed each weeks Blog Post and Comments. I also looked forward to reading what others might comment on my posts and found it invigorating to see what others thought of my ideas. It seemed like a very daunting assignment at first but all around, I hope I get to do an assignment like this in future classes.
ReplyDelete