Sunday, February 9, 2020

Elladan

I am Elladan son of Elrond and Celebrian; lord and lady of Rivendell. I look so alike my twin brother Elrohir that none but the closest of friends can tell us apart. My sister Arwen married Aragorn II after the war of the ring. I remember when Aragorn was young and growing up in Rivendell he would often accompany my brother and me on our journeys. When the time came for the fellowship we aided the journey by scouting out the paths ahead.

Like all the elves of our line, we are gifted with the ability to chose between the mortal life of a man and the immortal one of the Eldar. Our sister chose to remain in middle earth and become mortal. We remained in middle earth for a time after the war of the ring but it is unclear whether we chose mortality or eventually sailed off to the undying lands. 

I really had no memory of this character from the books so he is new for me. I'll definitely be looking out for his name during my rereads. I like his story even though he's a pretty distant character from the main plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment