Sunday, April 19, 2020

Fëanor

Hello everyone!

In my rabbit hole dives I have stumbled upon the elf named Fëanor and I found him interesting so I wanted to write about him.

So the most remarkable thing about Fëanor is that not only was he an edgy elf, but the elf who created the Simarils! Also he made a little thing known as the Tengwar script (which is what a lot of people think of when they think Elvish script). This edgy guy not only gave Melkor his more known name, Morgoth, he also super hated the Valar.

 Fëanor still believed a lot of Melkor's lies and there ended up being a falling out between him and his brother, Fingolfin. This is actually what led to the destroying of the Two Trees, which brought light to the land of the Valar, and so these trees could only be remade via the light of them that was still within the Simarils. At that point, Fëanor said "I'm not giving them up and if you take them, you're basically Melkor". Shortly after that it was found out via messenger than Melkor broke in, killed his dad, and actually took the Simarils. Because of that he named Melkor "Morgoth" but still partially blamed the Valar for Morgoth's actions because he, for some reason, had listened to some of his shenaniganery. Then, after more action happens, he ends up being exiled to Middle Earth, and left Fingolfin and his followers behind! Seriously, Fingolfin didn't even actually do anything the guy just thought he wanted the Simarils. And after all of this and more fighting against Morgoth, he dies a completely unique death for elves. His spirit was literally so fiery that it burned his body to ashes. He was never reincarnated, but that he'll return for Dagor Dagorath (which is like Middle-Earth Ragnarok) and finally get his precious Simarils back.

I had briefly heard about Fëanor in passing but like many Tolkien things there's a chasm deep rabbit hole to go down once you start clicking on a few names... But I thought he was interesting as he's almost completely different from about any elf I've ever heard of and I just felt the need to share his drama with other people.

Elendil

No comments:

Post a Comment