Friday, March 27, 2020

Thoughts on Going Online

I still can't wrap my mind around all the craziness that has been happening because of the Coronavirus. While I definitely want people to be safe, I never expected that during my first year in college I would have to spend the second half of the semester taking classes online. Honestly, it's just kind of surreal. Also, I really enjoy taking classes face-to-face so it's really disappointing because we're missing out on in-class experiences. That being said, I know there are more important things to worry about than losing face-to-face class instruction. In the end, I hope that everything will turn out okay and that things will hopefully go back to the way they were.

 I look forward to seeing you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! It's been really chaotic this semester and when I first heard about Coronavirus I really thought it would end up being nothing. However, here we are. I feel especially bad for freshmen like you because this is way crazier than it normally is and makes it kind of hard to figure out what it is normally like. I also am really sad we are missing out on face-to-face classes. Getting out and going to classes really helps my mental health so I am having to be extra cautious now that I am stuck in my house all day, but we are all doing our best!

    I wish everyone the best and hope we eventually get to see each other again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going online is hard, and personally I feel like it is much easier for me to get distracted when I am trying to learn at home than on campus. My brain just isn't in school-mode at home. And to add insult to injury, it is also difficult not only having to move back home to do online classes, but we are also quarantined in our houses.

    It is just important to keep some kind of schedule. I know for me, I am trying to work on my classes the same times that I would usually be attending them. This keeps me accountable and productive. But on the bright side, there is now much more time for reading Tolkien!

    ReplyDelete