This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Final Thoughts: Multi-Media Group Project
It's safe to say that I have a love-hate relationship with the multi-media group project. The process of completing the assignment was such a stressful, frustrating, and time-consuming thing that now all I feel is an immense amount of relief and pride in what was accomplished. Having never taken a class in video editing, or having no experience with editing in general, it feels great to see a product of our hard work come to life. As projects go, the multi-media assignment is fun but can also be really stressful and complicated. I am happy with what we as a group managed to create but I'm also really happy that's it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're right. The multimedia project is extremely time consuming and work intensive, so I'm so happy it is out of the way. I do think that we all learned things about the stories and Tolkien's life that we would not have found out otherwise. I do not think that I would appreciate the historical context of Tolkien's work if I had not worked on this project. It is really hard to put together such a long video and delegate an even amount of work to the group members, but it seems like they all turned out well in our class.
ReplyDelete