This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Elrond
I am Elrond, half-elven born in the first age. I am the founder of Rivendell, and have been the Lord there for thousands of years. My wife and I, CelebrĂan, have 3 children. They are Arwen, Elladan, and Elrohir. Being as old as I am, at age 6,520, I left Rivendell to travel overseas with the Ringbearers and haven’t been seen since then. I was one of the few to decide on destroying one of the rings and have really been trying to figure out this whole “Mortality” thing with Arwen, but I guess it’s for the greater good of man. Anyways, I am still undercover and will probably never return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elrond is such a cool and interesting character. It's truly crazy to think that he lived for such a long period of time! I really enjoyed reading this post :).
ReplyDelete