Sunday, April 12, 2020

Perspectives

Hey all!

So I wasn't able to be in class when perspectives were being talked about so I thought I should discuss it a little bit in a blog post.

Perspectives are incredibly important in Tolkien's works and if any of them were different it would change the information and the story the reader is given. Not only would it change what scenes we saw but also how we might feel towards certain characters. Some characters might become more of a fan favorite and others might become despised if perspectives were changed. In addition to this the story itself would change because some scenes would be added, deleted, or altered based on whose perspective we are in which might drastically change the story we are reading.

Overall, perspectives in Tolkien's works do really matter and affect many factors in his stories. If they were changed many things in these stories would be changed.

-Frodo

No comments:

Post a Comment