I personally enjoyed the multimedia project even though having everyone watch you and listen to your prerecorded self in class was kind of embarrassing. I personally really loved the group aspect of it because in my experience in the honors college honors students are a lot more willing to actually do work when it comes to group projects s everyone ends up working on the project equally. I also really enjoyed getting to know other people in the class. I also found while working with other people that everyone offered up a different perspective and came up with different ideas that we could not have done by ourselves. Due to this I appreciate that it was a group project because it allowed these Tolkien works to be explored further than I could have done so on my own.
It was also really cool trying to find connections to other Tolkien works and to his personal life with these stories. Without this project I would have never heard of some of the unique characters that Tolkien has created. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy the characters of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings but these other Tolkien works have so many connections to Tolkien's life and present new characters and ideas and it really feels like when you read through them ll that you get to know Tolkien better.
This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
No comments:
Post a Comment