Sunday, March 29, 2020

Inspirations

Hey everyone!

I noticed earlier in the week a couple people writing blog posts about the current pandemic that has really hit our world hard and it got me thinking about how writers are inspired. We have discussed in  depth multiple times about Tolkien's inspirations and how one of his big ones, besides medieval literature, was the war he fought in. Relating this to the current pandemic, it makes me wonder what type of stories will come out of young people who lived while this pandemic was going on. Will we see stories with hoarders, self isolation, and quality time with family? Considering some of the biggest themes in Tolkien's works, heroism and comradery, were also things that you saw during the war among the soldiers I think it would be safe to assume we are going to be getting corona virus inspired literature in the future.

Thank you,
Frodo

1 comment:

  1. I am also intrigued, not just in the writing industry, but movies and music as well. This pandemic is really getting to me, and I can only imagine what people who have the talent to write will create after this is all over. I'm wondering if someone will also write about the negative effects this whole thing is having on people who don't really have much family, or much to do in isolation. This is causing a lot of people to go stir crazy, so I hope we get a good happy-medium.

    ReplyDelete