Hey everyone,
with all of this COVID-19 stuff going on, it has kinda been hitting me heavy. Sorry to get personal, but I lost both of my jobs and have spent the last week sulking and reading/Audio-booking LOTR. I've been trying to wrap my head about how classes are going online, and how sometimes it can be really hard to stay motivated, especially in a class that should be so hands on. Also, graduation is postponed, and it breaks my heart, seeing as I was supposed to walk after 6 years of going to college (bummer). Anyways, I really feel like the zoom meetings might help, keep me motivated throughout the rest of the semester. This was the only class I had that started back up this last week, and I really neglected it. I've been a sad couch potato and really hope this starts to get better. My "Extrovertedness" is really getting the best of me. This mood I'm feeling really reminds me of the lost hope everyone had when Gandalf first dies, and everyone just kind of gives up, but then they get to where they're going and find out everything will start to turn out for a somewhat better outcome. That's what I'm hoping for the last few weeks of this semester.
This discussion forum is hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you're feeling this way and that you lost your jobs, it really sucks. I hope the zoom meetings do help! Hopefully all of this Covid-19 stuff ends soon so everything can go back to normal.
Wishing you well,
Frodo
It's understandable to feel down during these crazy times! You are not alone there. It makes me so sad that graduation was postponed, my heart especially goes out to all of the seniors like you that worked so hard for this moment. A special quality of this class is that it's very close knit. If you ever need anyone to talk to we are all here for you!
ReplyDelete-Samwise